Strengthening the Health System for Acute Respiratory Infections
The project has four components, namely:
- Case management including oxygen therapy
- Pandemic preparedness
- Hospital infection prevention and control
- Strengthening surveillance
- Support for district surveillance officers
- Support for EWARS (Early Warning Alert and Response System)
- Support for labs including ILI and SARI
This is a USAID funding project, implemented by WHO in collaboration with Ministry of Health.
It has focus on zoonotic influenza, primarily H5N1.