Learning Resource Package (LRP)
The objectives of the Respectful Maternity Care Workshop are to:
- Raise awareness of common abusive and disrespectful practices and attitudes in the care of mothers and newborns
- Discuss ways to address abuse and disrespect of mothers and newborns and to promote RMC
- Analyze each participant’s workplace in light of the client’s rights to respectful maternal and newborn care
- What are the interpersonal factors that affect the respectfulness of care?
- What infrastructural factors (facilities, human resources, policy) affect the respectfulness of care?
- Develop a plan of action to promote respectful care of mothers and newborns in each participant’s workplace