Peace Corps - Improved Stoves and Ovens
- biodigesters (methane produced from organic waste), successfully promoted by Volunteers in Nicaragua and Thailand
- high-efficiency wood burning stoves and ovens: and note that the technology of these has advanced through research tremendously in the past six years
- solar ovens, most successfully promoted one of several cooking methods of a family
- retained heat cookers: a way to reduce cooking fuel by allowing the food to continue cooking with retained heat for a period of time in an insulated space.
- indoor air pollution: general information on current statistics and studies, and its impact on children.
Have a suggested resource or comment about this section? Please visit our feedback form.