Support & Training
Interested in Building a K4Health Toolkit?
We encourage organizations to join K4Health's network of partners to improve access to health information in developing countries. Covering a wide range of priority health topics, K4Health Toolkits are products of collaborative efforts between K4Health and over 90 partner organizations around the world. Our partners build toolkits collaboratively using unique Web-based software developed by K4Health, called the Toolkit Application, which allows subject matter experts to develop online toolkits without the need for specialized IT skills.
This easy-to-use Web-based software functions as a:
- Private work space. In a password-protected environment, invited members of a toolkit working group see the toolkit in its online format as it is being developed and can add content to it themselves.
- Publishing tool. Once the toolkit developers decide that the toolkit is ready for public viewing, K4Health can quickly remove the password protection so that any Internet user can view it.
How K4Health Helps Toolkit Developers
In addition to providing access to the Toolkit Application software to build the online Toolkits, K4Health can help Toolkit technical working groups in a number of other ways:
- Training on how to build Toolkits and on how to use the Toolkit Application
- Ongoing technical support with the Toolkit Application
- Research support to identify relevant resources
- Ongoing promotion of Toolkits
- Monitoring and evaluating the effect of Toolkits
The Conceptual Framework for Producing K4Health Toolkits is a useful tool for showing the relationship between the inputs and processes for developing Toolkits and what Toolkits set out to accomplish. The framework centers around five main activities in the Toolkit-building process, detailed in the guidance documents linked below. K4Health also offers a technical brief, Three Process Models to Meet the Needs and Interests of Our Partners.
Five Steps For Building and Managing a K4Health Toolkit
- Establishing a technical working group
- Developing a user-friendly K4Health Toolkit
- Promoting and disseminating the K4Health Toolkit
- Updating the K4Health Toolkit
- Monitoring and evaluating use and usefulness of the K4Health Toolkit
- Sample agenda for a Toolkit steering committee meeting
- Template workbook for organizing Toolkit resources
- Template form for Toolkit feedback
- Sample online survey for Toolkit reviewers
If you would like to learn more about building your own K4Health Toolkit, contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch a toolkit orientation video to learn more about the main features and how to navigate through the toolkits.
Visit K4Health's Toolkits Dissemination Kit - a collection of resources from K4Health and our partners that includes a dissemination plan for toolkits with suggested activities, sample promotional materials, and templates.