Online libraries of selected resources on health and technical topics.
Toolkits provide quick and easy access to relevant and reliable health information in one convenient location, intended for health program managers, policy makers, and service providers. The resources in Toolkits are selected by experts and arranged for practical use. We strive to keep the toolkits up-to-date and fill remaining information gaps so that health care professionals around the world have access to the information they need to develop policies, design programs, and make health care decisions based on evidence.
At present, K4Health offers over 50 Toolkits on a wide range of health topics including :
- Family planning methods
- Family planning/reproductive health programs and services
- Maternal and child health
- Environmental health
- Cross-cutting technical areas (mHealth, leadership and management)
K4Health Toolkit users will also find country-specific toolkits which include local research findings, national policies and guidelines, program innovations, and communication materials in local languages.
Interested in Building a K4Health Toolkit?
We encourage organizations to join K4Health's network of partners to improve access to health information in developing countries. Covering a wide range of priority health topics, K4Health Toolkits are products of collaborative efforts between K4Health and over 90 partner organizations around the world. Our partners build toolkits collaboratively using unique Web-based software developed by K4Health, called the Toolkit Application, which allows subject matter experts to develop online toolkits without the need for specialized IT skills.
This easy-to-use Web-based software functions as a:
- Private work space. In a password-protected environment, invited members of a toolkit working group see the toolkit in its online format as it is being developed and can add content to it themselves.
- Publishing tool. Once the toolkit developers decide that the toolkit is ready for public viewing, K4Health can quickly remove the password protection so that any Internet user can view it.
If you would like to learn more about building your own K4Health Toolkit, contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"I am finding the [Gender and Health] toolkit very resourceful, especially during the design of our capacity building curriculum."
"Like the breadth of information, relevancy, and enjoy looking through new toolkits."
"...eToolkit: So easy to locate the stuff we need..."
“I was surprised by the fact that often times we spend too much time inventing tools that are already made and even pre-tested, just because of failure to access certain resources like K4health.”