eLearning uses technology to create a virtual classroom where learners from any location can access information and learn about new topics, technical guidance, and program practices.
K4Health's current eLearning activities include:
- Global Health eLearning (GHeL): Over 50 courses on a range of public health topics vetted by technical experts.
- PEPFAR eLearning: Courses focused on critical technical and programmatic guidance for PEPFAR implementing partners and national HIV/AIDS program staff around the world.
- K4Health eLearning: A suite of courses that de-mystify what knowledge management is and its importance and application to the field of global health.
- Field-based eLearning: K4Health is involved in eLearning activities in Bangladesh, Nigeria, and the Southern Africa region.
Current course offerings are free, low-bandwidth friendly, and available around the clock.
eLearning includes Web- and computer-based learning, virtual classroom opportunities, and online workspaces for discussion and collaboration. Incorporating eLearning into an organization’s capabilities can expand the reach of its information to audiences who have limited access to traditional education and training. It can also provide a cost-effective way to train staff around the world. Learners can access courses or programs when it is most convenient for them and complete courses at their own pace—an ideal situation for busy professionals. eLearning methodologies are especially useful in countries with limited higher education opportunities--for example, more than half of developing countries do not have postgraduate public health programs.
Benefits of eLearning
- Addresses specific training needs and learning styles, allowing individuals to learn in a range of ways.
- Some eLearning models allows learners to assess their knowledge before and after training.
- Delivers training right to the desktop, online or offline, making it easier to incorporate learning into individual schedules. For example, offline versions of courses can be made available on flash drives and CD-ROMs.
Clear, concise information that I could access during my free time (in the middle of the night)....I am too busy during the day to focus on learning key data collection issues.
Good to spend the short period of time to get knowledge from this web access.