Join the Conversation around the London Summit on Family Planning
On July 11, 2012 from 9am to 12pm EST, the Universal Access Project will be hosting a tweetchat about the London Summit on Family Planning.
The hashtag for this tweetchat is: #FPChat. To follow other summit related tweets use the hashtag: #FPSummit.
The schedule for the chat is:
- 8:45 EST (13:45 BST): Introduction by the UN Foundation's Universal Access Project
- 9:00 EST (14:00 BST): The Gates Foundation and DFID will discuss the keynote speeches and action from Summit
- 9:30 EST (14:30 BST): An MSI Outreach Worker from Kampala, Uganda will share experiences about delivering services on the ground
- 10:00 EST (15:00 BST): Nike's Girl Effect Project will talk about the importance of empowering adolescent girls
- 10:30 EST (15:30 BST): USAID will discuss the U.S. Government's role in international reproductive health and family planning
- 11:00 EST (16:00 BST): The White Ribbon Alliance will talk about the implementation of commitments
- 11:30 EST (16:30 BST): The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child health and Every Woman Every Child will share insights on private-sector commitments
- 12:00 EST (16:30 BST): Wrap up by the UN Foundation's Universal Access Project
The handles involved are:
- Host: @UnivAccessProj - Universal Access Project (UN Foundation)
- @unfoundation - United Nations Foundation
- @gatesfoundation - Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- @DFID_UK - DFID
- @USAIDGH - USAID
- @girleffect - Nike's Girl Effect Project
- @MarieStopes - Marie Stopes International (MSI)
- @WRAglobal - White Ribbon Alliance
- @PMNCH - The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health
- @UNFEWEC - Every Woman Every Child
We'll be participating (from @K4Health), so I hope you can all join!