Trainers & Educators
As trainers and educators, you often need to develop information products—such as PowerPoint presentations, curricula, manuals, and job aids—that synthesize the latest advances in research, best practices, and up-to-date guidance. There is a wealth of resources out there, but the difficulty is finding the time to filter through all the information to find the “pearls.”
K4Health can help you find the information you need in family planning/reproductive health and related health topics.
- Find training curricula, job aids, research summaries, global technical guidance, and more. Explore one of 50 Toolkits, or electronic libraries of expert-vetted resources, on a range of topics—from contraceptive methods and mHealth to HIV/AIDS and gender. Download full-text versions of most of the resources, some of which are in multiple languages, such as Arabic, English, French, and Spanish, and use or adapt them in your training sessions and classes. Or search POPLINE, the largest database of population, family planning, and reproductive health literature, which includes citations with abstracts to more than 350,000 scientific articles, reports, books, and unpublished reports.
- Request free images to use in your nonprofit information products. Browse the Photoshare collection, which contains more than 17,000 images related to global health, and request to use the free images in your information products, such as PowerPoint presentations, other electronic resources, or print materials.
- Provide a virtual classroom for your trainees and students. We provide access to a number of eLearning courses on such health topics as maternal and child health, infectious diseases, gender, health systems, family planning/reproductive health, and HIV/AIDS. Learners can access these free online courses from any location to help meet their continuing education requirements, keep up with advances in the public health field, and learn how to apply evidence-based information in real-life situations.
- Help health care workers deliver contraceptive methods appropriately and effectively. Our seminal handbook, Family Planning: A Global Handbook for Providers, offers guidance on 20 contraceptive methods and addresses many information needs of health care workers, from contraceptive effectiveness and mechanisms of action to correcting misunderstandings and managing side effects. The book is available in English and in seven other languages (Arabic, French, Hindi, Persian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, and Spanish). The companion wall charts, Do You Know Your Family Planning Choices? and Key Reminders About Hormonal Family Planning Methods, provide important but hard-to-remember details on one sheet.
- Give providers the tools they need to determine medical eligibility for contraceptive use. Encourage providers to download our free interactive mobile application for Android phones, ACE (Application for Contraceptive Eligibility). ACE reflects the latest family planning guidance from the World Health Organization’s Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use. Health care workers can use ACE to check whether the client is medically eligible use her preferred method by answering a series of questions about known medical conditions.
- Connect with other health care professionals to share experiences and lessons learned. Participate in a Community of Practice or eForum.
- Stay in touch with current news and events around the world. The K4Health Blog covers news and events in the global public health field, including special series on health innovations in global health technologies and advances and on women's empowerment.