Program Planners & Managers
Are you managing a program in family planning and reproductive health, or planning a new program? Do you need information about what has worked in your country and in other countries? Do you want to learn about new program innovations and access the latest research and global technical guidance?
Find this information and more on the K4Health website—your portal to knowledge on family planning/reproductive health and related health areas.
Our website synthesizes information from a range of organizations and formats, from journal articles and reports to photos and communication materials. We offer a suite of tools to help you find the information and resources you need.
If you are new to the K4Health website, explore what we have to offer by asking yourself these questions.
- Do you need a well-defined set of resources on a health topic to assist with program management and implementation? Explore one of 50 Toolkits, or electronic libraries of expert-vetted resources, on a range of topics—from contraceptive methods and mHealth to HIV/AIDS and gender.
- Would you prefer to investigate the full spectrum of resources on a health topic to answer a specific research or programmatic question? Search POPLINE, the largest database of population, family planning, and reproductive health literature, which includes citations with abstracts to scientific articles, reports, books, and unpublished reports.
- Are you looking for photos to use in program reports, newsletters, job aids, or other resources? Browse the Photoshare collection, which contains thousands of images showcasing international health programs in action, and request free images for non-profit educational use.
- Do you want to connect with other program managers and health care professionals to share experiences and lessons learned? Participate in a Community of Practice or eForum .
- Do you want to keep your finger on the pulse of current news and events around the world? The K4Health Blog covers current news and events in the global public health field, including a special series on health innovations in global health technologies and advances and on women’s empowerment.
- Do you need a cost efficient and effective way to develop your staff's knowledge and skills? Direct your staff to more than 50 eLearning courses on a number of health topics, including maternal and child health, infectious diseases, gender, health systems, family planning and reproductive health, and HIV/AIDS.
- Do your health care providers need easy-to-use reference books and job aids on the latest family planning guidance? Refer them to our seminal handbook, Family Planning: A Global Handbook for Providers, which offers guidance on 20 contraceptive methods with information about contraceptive effectiveness, how the methods work, how to manage side effects, and more. The companion wall charts, Do You Know Your Family Planning Choices? and Key Reminders About Hormonal Family Planning Methods, provide important but hard-to-remember details on one sheet. Our free interactive mobile application for Android phones, ACE (Application for Contraceptive Eligibility), will help health care providers check whether a family planning client is medically eligible to use her preferred contraceptive method.
- Do you need a tool to help you share your information? You can use our software, the Toolkit Application, to develop your own electronic library and share your knowledge with others.